Friday, October 19, 2012

Getting Rolling.....Again.

Well, I guess it's been a while, hasn't it?

A lot has happened since that original post.  Unfortunately, most of it didn't involve the roverbot project.  I had a few things come up which prevented me from doing any work at all on any of my various projects.  After a few false starts however, I'm finally making a bit of progress.

The Plan:
I had originally intended to document the entire build extensively as progress was made, but my current workspace places quite a few limits on that sort of thing.  For the most part, I can be set up for building or taking halfway-decent documentation photos, but not both at the same time.  I'll be sharing what I can, as well as I can, though.

As before, the plan is still to work my way up incrementally from a basic mobility platform, incorporating systems and increasing complexity as I go.  The next few posts will include some more specific information about the various components that will make up the basic systems of the roverbot, along with a bit of discussion about why each piece was chosen, and where I plan to go with it.  After that, I'll be getting into the actual building and integration of the various systems, and start working towards an actual roverbot.

I have to admit that my efforts at documentation have progressed somewhat slower than the actual build, and the roverbot has outpaced my blog entries somewhat (largely because I keep meaning to get some good photos and illustrations before posting - see above regarding the workspace).  As a result, some of the upcoming entries will be a little bit time-compressed, and the times between the blog posts will not accurately reflect the time between the progress shown in them.  It should all get caught up before long though, and I'll eventually be posting in real-time as I develop things.  There will no doubt be some dead-ends and blind alleys along the way, and I welcome questions and feedback on anything.  It should be fun.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment